Sunday, December 15, 2013

So Grown UP

Blake has a fetish with dinosaurs now.  Sometimes he will ROAR in response to questions.  We have to kindly remind him to turn off his inner dinosaur and use his words.  He also invents words to sing his dinosaur songs.  Such as…”Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR.  Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs ROAR, ROAR, ROAR all through the town.  He even incorporates them into familiar stories, “Dinosaur, Dinosaur.  What do you see?  I see a dinosaur looking at me.”  And of course as a previous teacher, I am elated to hear the familiar rhyme of Brown Bear, Brown Bear.  What do you see?  In this photo he is ROARING as I am trying to get him to smile.  No such luck.
 In my further attempt to get a picture of my baby "all grown up" I realize (as usual) I need to go with the flow and embrace it.  So in my baby's "all grown up" photo, there are his dinosaurs of which he could not be more proud.  Surprisingly, there are only two dinosaurs... usually there are at least four... two for each hand.  Today must have been a light day. 


Eventually, I did sneak a quick pic as he was telling me all about his dinosaurs.  Such a happy boy in the world of dinosaurs!



No comments: