Sunday, April 6, 2008

Easter Tradition


Easter Tree displayed with a "D.C touch"
One of my favorite family Easter traditions was discovered in Europe while traveling with my girlfriends about 3 years ago. To our surprise, we came upon an Easter market in Vienna on the grounds of the castle. These delicate, hand-painted Easter eggs were everywhere! At first, we didn't quite appreciate the novelty of these little eggs but soon joined the throngs in Vienna and Prague to find the right colors with the perfect designs to make our own Easter trees at home. Ask any of us girls about our eggs and you will see an affinity towards our eggs like that of a mother hen. We carried those eggs on our laps all the way home on the plane--each was loved for it's unique design and color and none could be harmed. I don't think, or expect Cody to love these little cherubs as I do. However, he knows how much I value them especially as he broke a few during our move last summer and felt horrible about it. I couldn't talk about it. He thoughtfully had the little pastel egg replaced by a BIG red and white decorated egg. Of course, he would get an egg with the U of U colors on it. Nothing says Easter like red and white! Love you Cody.

3 comments:

Amber said...

BHH! Poor little Cody just doesn't understand. May I recommend replacing some of your eggs with Russian Easter eggs?

Jill said...

Yes, I concur. Russian Easter Eggs is a great idea! Maybe we'll have to get wooden ones for Cody this time around just in case!

Lipscombs said...

I love your blog. I am pretty sure I cut Cody's hair in the Halloween picture when he was little! In the nativity scene, we surprised my Mom when she got home from work one day, it is one of my favorite memories.