Friday, August 24, 2007

Here Goes Another Remodel

2005 Remodel



2007 Re-remodel



















Re-Remodel
I have always liked old houses, but am not a fan of all the old stuff in old houses. In 2000, I bought the house we are currently in, remodeled it and lived there with roommates. Later in the Summer of 2005, I bought the house across the street, completely gutted it and remodeled it and moved in while I was dating Julianna. This became our first home after we were married. See pictures above of the kitchen remodel. We sold this our "first home" to re-remodel my first bachelor's pad/house bought in 2000. After the renters moved out, we moved in to start what was supposed to be a simple carpet, paint and tile project... Yah right... not the case with us. After removing weight bearing walls and tying in supports in the ceiling, we opened up walls around the kitchen to add natural light. See photo above with the wall partially taken down. Sad, but true, I am re-remodeling the same kitchen from the 2000 remodel and unfortunately don't have a better picture of the finished kitchen, so a photo of Murphy by the Christmas tree will have to suffice. It exhausts me to think of the work involved but have found the process a good diversion from the pressures of life. We love it! This house has given us an extra room for a "new addition" and is the perfect space for us. Well, for now, until I get the bug again and see another project out there.

Posted by Cody

No comments: